Tuesday, April 26, 2016

57 Is Here, What Will This Year Bring?

I have decided to continue on my quest to lose weight for my 57th year.

This morning the scale showed my weight as less than what I weighed when I got pregnant with my youngest son 23 years ago.  Which means I have lost 41.8 pounds since January, 2014. I lost 12.6 pounds in 2014, 16.2 pounds in 2015, and so far in 2016 I have lost 13 pounds,  These are from my morning weights and not my official TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) weights, but they are pretty close to my TOPS weights.  I weigh in at TOPS at night so it is always a little higher plus there are clothes involved at night.

When I logged my new weight into MyFitnessPal today it showed that I had met the last goal I had entered and I had to set a new goal.  I have been setting my goal each time to be 5 pounds less than the previous goal.  This has been working for me in the past year.  Saying to myself "I need to lose 91 pounds" wasn't working.  It was just too depressing, especially when at one time I only needed to lose 30, and then it was 60, so hitting 91 was a huge low for me.  Five pounds seems very doable, when there are times it seems far away, I change it to 3 pounds.  I am being very careful not to set myself up for failure by setting goals I cannot reach in a reasonable amount of time.

I may never lose all 91 pounds, but I hope to at least get back to what I weighed when I got pregnant with my oldest 27 years ago (another 9 pounds) and I really hope to get back to what I weighed when I got married (another 39 pounds).  My ultimate goal is actually 10 pounds less than what I weighed when I got married (If you are keeping up, you know that is 49 pounds). 

I would also like to do more strength training, but if it happens it happens.  I know from my past that I can set myself up for failure if I set a goal and then do not reach it. 

No comments: