Friday, September 26, 2008

Memory Walk

-

I am joining my TOPS Team in the October 4, 2008 Memory Walk for Alzheimer's. Both of my parents had Alzheimer's. Whereas Alzheimer's was not listed on their death certificate as their cause of death, I lost both of my parents to Alzheimer's.

My dad suffered for 10 years with Alzheimer's. He once told my brother it was like a curtain was coming down over his brain and the worse part was knowing that the curtain would finally close. I hated the days he did not know me. We were always so close. I missed him long before he died.

My mom did not suffer the consequences as long as my dad did, but nevertheless, she suffered, as we all did every time she did not know us. I am glad that she knew me on the day she died.

I am not good about asking people for money, but I will place the link to my Alzheimer's donation page. I made my goal $100.00 because I did not believe anyone would sponsor me. I have now reached that goal, but I would love to be able to raise more for this worthy cause.

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=274342&lis=1&kntae274342=1F48179289364E0F93746791F37FD010&supId=232417588

God Bless everyone out there suffering from the results of Alzheimer's, patients and caregivers alike.

-

No comments: