Friday, October 26, 2007

The Weight of it All Has Not Been Forgotten, the Weight Has Just Been Heavy

I have not forgotten my blog, I just have so much weight on my shoulders right now that I don’t have time to sit down and express my thoughts.

After many months of struggles with memory issues, scammer attacks, and safety worries, my 85-year-old mother has decided to move in with me. We were going to try to have her moved in by the first of December, but due to some very vicious phone scammers, I decided to move up the date to Monday, Oct. 22.

The hurried move was arranged in about 4 days, and would not have been possible without the help of my rock, and other friends. I am so blessed.

The move has not been easy, in more than one way. The move is not over. There are still a lot of things to take care of, but at least my mother is safe and we will adjust after a while.

I am also on several committees right now that take some time, and I have added to my volunteer responsibilities. All good things, just time consuming in my evenings, when I would usually be blogging.

I have reached a long time goal. I am taking quilting classes. I have always wanted to learn to quilt, and I finally took that giant step. I have completed my first square and I am looking forward to finishing my first block soon.

I miss writing my thoughts. I started a post the other night and fell asleep with the computer in my lap. In fact, it has taken me 20 minutes to type this post due to a couple of little naps.

I am hoping that I can get my mom moved in by the end of November. I hope I can keep my sanity in the process. She actually wanted to keep a very small Styrofoam ball that had a face painted on it, despite the fact that the back of the head was all mashed in and there was no body. I told her “no” and she was not happy about it. I think it will be a long month. I hope she will “forget” about a lot of things, and that I will have time to blog it out when she doesn’t.

No comments: