Friday, December 28, 2007

It’s Great, but When Will I Use it Now?

I was given a great book light for Christmas. I was thrilled to receive it since my last book light had stopped working.

Then last night it came to me. When will I use a book light now?

I used to use one when Raymond was in the hospital and I couldn’t sleep. I wouldn’t want to use the reading lights in the ceiling because it would bother Raymond.

I would use them in the hotels in Houston because the only reading light was on Raymond’s side of the bed.

When I read in bed now I have a lamp next to me, sometimes the lamp stays on all night because I fall asleep reading, but it doesn’t bother anyone because I am by myself.

I don’t usually stay in a hotel on vacations. I try to rent a cabin or vacation home so we can do our own cooking. I always have my own room in those situations, so I don’t need a book light on vacations.

So here I am with this really cool book light and wondering when I will use it. I guess I will put it in my traveling bag and I will have it if I go somewhere and have to share a room.

It makes me a little sad.

No comments: