Monday, March 11, 2013

It is So Hard on the Mama

I really hate that all my boys (biological and adopted as part of the family) are no longer within a few miles of the house.  I know they are adults and have their own lives, but it makes it so hard on me when they reach out to me.

It always seems to start off with a text, no matter which boy it is.  "Are you up?"  I always say "Of course." and then there is the inevitable "Okay if I call?" and I always answer "Yes."  Then there is the phone call 

Sometimes the phone call is because they are angry, but most of the time it is because they are upset, and need a shoulder. The worst calls are when they are crying so hard I can't understand them and I have to have them repeat themselves several times before I know what is going on .It tears my heart out.

I really hate not being able to look them in the eye to assess the situation, and then give them a hug.

I know they have to go off on their own and be the men they are meant to be, but I wish it didn't have to happen so soon.
 


No comments: