Monday, March 11, 2013

Taxes - I Need the Teamwork


I swore I would do the taxes yesterday, but every time I started to get everything out I found something else to do. I finally contacted the youngest and asked if I could bribe him to help me out today, and he said "yes."

Today while we were working on the taxes I did not have the anxiety that I usually do when collecting all the items and filling out the forms for the CPA, and I realized it was because of the teamwork.

Now the youngest did not need to do much.  He set up the table, brought in the box, typed out the things on the computer that I dictated to him, and made copies, but it made a huge difference for me to have his help.

The teamwork calmed me.  Raymond and I always did the taxes together.  He would do the forms and tell me what documentation he needed and I would pull the papers out of the file and wait for my next set of instructions.  We always talked about what a great team we made when it came to the taxes.

I told the youngest about how his dad and I worked together today.  I thanked him several times and paid my bribe.  

Another year until I start having the anxiety attacks again.

No comments: