Monday, August 12, 2013

Such a Harsh Reality

Saturday night I had two dreams that were so real that I have been dealing with the harsh reality of the truth all week, once again.

In the first dream I was looking at a photo on my phone.  The bottom of the photo showed Raymond looking at the boys when the were young.  He was looking down at them with such pride and love, and at the top of the photo it was Raymond looking at the boys as they are now, almost eye to eye with him standing in front of the Kroger deli.  My dream was so realistic and the photo so perfect that I woke myself up, grabbed my phone and pulled up my photos.  It was so disappointing to not find that photo in my gallery. 

Later when it was closer to morning I had another dream.  I was outside working in the garden with the youngest when he decided to go in the house.  After I worked on for a few more minutes I realized I needed to tell him something so I went in the house too.  When I opened the door to go back outside there stood Raymond.  I asked him where he had been and he reminded me that he had been on a business trip. He said "Don't you remember me telling you about the trip?" I told him he had been gone a long time.  He said it had been too long, he opened his arms and I stepped right into them and laid my head on his chest.  We stayed that way for a long time.  I told him I had missed him and he said he missed me too and was glad to be home again.  

Waking up to the harsh reality that he wasn't on a business trip was really hard.  It is amazing how we can change reality in our dreams to the point we believe it is true.  

Oh how I wish it could be true.

No comments: