Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Naming the Blog

I have wanted to start a blog for a long time, but I never could come up with a name for my blog. Tonight I was planning my schedule for the next few days, and thought to myself “oh, the weight of it all.’ That was it. I decided right then and there to stop what I was doing and start my blog.

It helped that I am currently reading J.A. Jance’s Web of Evil, a mystery in which the main character has a blog.

Why do I want to blog? I want to blog because I have a lot of things I want to say, and since my husband/best friend of almost 24 ½ years died in May, 2006, I no longer have anyone to pretend to be listening to me all the time. With this blog, I will be able to say what I have to say at any given time, and I can pretend someone is reading what I have to say.

Why did I decide to call it "The Weight of It All." Well, currently I am feeling the weight of:

Raising 2 teenage boys, 16 and 13
Taking care of my 84 year old mother, who is showing signs of dementia
Learning to take care of a 30+ year old house without the advice of my husband
And continuing to work on my almost life long goal of losing weight.

So the title just seemed to fit my life.


No comments: