Monday, May 7, 2007

How … Discouraging

I went to the doctor last Tuesday morning to get my blood pressure checked and to make sure my new meds were working. While I was there I discussed the fact that despite the fact I am walking approximately 20 miles a week, eating between 1300 and 1500 calories a day and have added lots of fiber to my diet, I am still unable to lose any weight. She suggested that I have my thyroid rechecked, and I asked them to check my cholesterol again since I was trying to go without taking any more medicine.

Yesterday, the doctor’s office called, and the news was not good. The thyroid test was good. My cholesterol had gone up about 30 points, and my blood sugar was above normal. Very depressing. My blood sugar has never been above normal. There is a family history of diabetes and heart disease. I must get this weight off.

So now I am taking new cholesterol medicine, along with another drug to see if I can get back on the right track.

Getting healthy is discouraging when you do everything the books tell you to and you just keep going backwards.

I go back in 8 weeks to see if anything has improved.

No comments: