Wednesday, May 9, 2007

White Haired Barry Gibb… The Magic is Gone

Barry Gibb - I’ve had a crush on him since “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” came out in 1978. I had always liked the Bee Gees’ music, but since I had limited access to television and didn’t have any of their albums, I didn’t know what he looked like until that movie came out. My crush on Barry became a joke between Raymond and me because I must have gone to see that movie about seven times, once with Raymond as my date.

Last night Barry Gibb was on American Idol. I was so shocked to see his silver-white hair. My youngest started laughing when I complained. He said “Mom, how old are you, and how old do you think he is?” The brat.

So onto the internet I go and discover that Barry Gibb is 60 years old. He still looks good, but I miss the dark hair. I think the problem is not that he is older, it is the hair color. I do not find men with blonde or light colored hair attractive. His silver-white hair is so light it immediately turned me off.

I do admire the fact that he is aging gracefully and not trying to hide his age. Older men that try to look like they are still 30 irritate me even more. My youngest said that I just need to own up to the fact that I’m getting older. I told him he had to own up to the fact that he has a mean tongue on him and he is going to grow up to be like me.

Barry Gibb, I still love you, but I think when you perform on “American Idol” tonight I will look at an old picture of you on the internet so that I can remember my younger days, and when Raymond and I were dating. I’m banning my youngest from the room.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are SO right! it was weird to see him...old...and did you notice his shirt was a little see-thru? who wants to see 60-year old man boobs? anyway...I was thinking how lonely he must be without his brothers by his side. It's up to him now....

Anonymous said...

Ditto! I was totally shocked!

Cheryl said...

Yes, the shirt made me a little queasy. I just closed my eyes and listened.

I did like the fact that he has let his voice age too. He did not try to sound like it did in the 70's.