Tuesday, September 4, 2007

WARNING – DEFINITELY A EWWW!!!!

Quite by accident last week I came across the term “anal bleaching.” I thought it was a joke until I started researching this “trend.” It was not a joke. People actually do this. You can have this done by a doctor, a spa, or do it at home. I also found out there were other areas of the body that could be bleached that did not necessarily involve hair. EWWW!!!!

I don’t know why this has stuck in my mind so much, but I can’t help but wonder “how did we get here?” I know that throughout the ages there has been behavior by some that would not be considered mainstream, but it wasn’t so publicized.

Maybe the internet has made this information more available to everyone. Maybe reality shows have made everyone want to be a star and in doing so they want to be “trendy.” Maybe the media that publishes pictures of young stars out partying without their underwear has something to do with people wanting certain parts to look “younger.” Whatever the reason, EWWW.

I do not understand some of today’s trends. I do know that if these types of procedures are what make you trendy – then I will never be “trendy.”

No comments: