Friday, September 12, 2008

A Lot of Little Strange



This is a little strange. I am in bed. It is after midnight. My computer is across the room and the wireless keyboard is here in the bed above my pillow.

I am listening to my oldest's radio show. He is a dj on his college radio station. I was not able to stay awake for his show last week. This week my youngest and I set everything up and then napped until it was time for the show. Youngest missed the whole intro thing and went to bed. I woke up and then got into the music and can't go back to sleep.

The name of his show is Euphoria and Insanity. Very eclectic music. He said he might play some of the Dr. Horrible soundtrack tonight. He is currently asking for requests by IM or phone. He is playing bands I have never ever heard of even in my dreams. The dj's before him were playing music from the 80's and it was really something I did not know. The musicians on the song my son is playing now are killing my ears. OWWWW!!!! Maybe I can request that he make it stop.

This is a strange way to blog. The screen is so far away I have no idea if I have typos or not. In fact, the screen is to my left and I am not facing that way at all as it is hard on my neck. Also, I haven't really used this keyboard before and it is a very tight keyboard and my fingers feel as if they are tied together when using it. This is my quilt design computer, so I mainly use the mouse with it.

Thank goodness that painful song is over. He better get to the Dr. Horrible soon.

I hope Raymond is listening. He would be so proud.

It is strange to watch my boys grow and reach accomplishments without Raymond here to talk to about what is going on. I would love to be lying here in bed with Raymond and discussing this music.

He is now playing something from "Suicide Squeeze Records" called "Birds Fly" can't remember what he said the band is called, but I won't be rushing out to find it.

It is strange to realize how very old you are when you listen to this music. I did really enjoy the songs he played by the "Dallas Knights" earlier. He went to their concert last week and really enjoyed it.

Strange doesn't begin to express how I feel about not having any idea where my oldest child is 99.9% of the time now.

Ok, I give up. I am going to check this post, then turn off the computer. I can't take much more of this, he will just have to let me borrow his Dr. Horrible soundtrack cd.

FYI: Here is his playlist from last week, see how many of the artists you recognize.

Time

Album

Artist

Song

00:05:00

Cat in a Cannon

Needfire

Julia Delaney/Congress

00:10:17

Exit

Shugo Tokumaru

parachute

00:14:52

The Tick-Tock Club

Golden Arm Trio

The Tick-Tock Club

00:18:22

Calypsoul70: Caribbean Soul & Calypso Crossover 1969-1979

clarence curvan & his mod sounds

calypsoul

00:29:34

The Glowing City

Sunset

The World is Awaiting

00:29:51

The Rhumb Line

Ra Ra Riot

st. peter's day festival

00:33:51

Sam & Max Season 1, Episode 1: Culture Shock

Jared Emerson-Johnson

Attack the Dog

00:34:08

Sea Lion

the Ruby Suns

Kenya Dig It?

00:38:50

Barrage

Barrage

What's Going On?

00:41:31

You & Me

The Walkmen

Postcards from tiny islands

00:51:10

The Tick-Tock Club

Golden Arm Trio

The End of Speedy Jinx

00:51:27

proVISIONS

Giant Sand

without a word

00:56:45

The Best of the IRS years

R.E.M

It's The End of the World As We Know It (and I Feel Fine)

01:03:54

Dial-A-Song: 20 Years of They Might be Giants

They Might Be Giants

Why Does the Sun Shine? (The Sun is a Mass of Incandescent Gas)

01:06:14

Calypsoul70: Caribbean Soul & Calypso Crossover 1969-1979

Marius Cultier

Guanavaco

01:10:10

Sea Lion

the Ruby Suns

oh, mojave

01:12:45

Hello Everything

squarepusher

Planetarium

01:14:15

Horse With No Home

Horse Feathers

albina

01:19:36

GAME (Game and Anime Music Emotions)

Piano Squall

Final Fantasy Battle Medley

01:26:40

Exit

Shugo Tokumaru

Future Umbrella

01:34:13

Songs III: Bird on the Water

Marissa Nadler

Diamond Heart

01:38:40

The Tick-Tock Club

Golden Arm Trio

Bulldoze: The Super-Power Dance

01:43:14

Songs III: Bird on the Water

Marissa Nadler

Famous Blue Raincoat

01:46:36

The Best of the IRS years

R.E.M

Radio Free Europe

01:50:58

The Glowing City

Sunset

24 Karat soul


On that list I only knew 5 of the artists, which I guess really puts me in the really old category.

DR. HORRIBLE SONG PLAYING - THE LAUNDRY SONG - THE ONE THAT IS MY RINGTONE. BLESS THAT BOY. I WILL GO TO SLEEP HAPPY NOW!!!!!

No comments: