Monday, November 2, 2009

If You Visit, Leave the Lid Up

I don't have the type of pets that drink out of the toilet, so I never put the lid of the toilet down.

I also have a horrible tendency to wait until the very last minute to go across the length of the house to use the bathroom since I only like my bathroom, so by the time I arrive it is usually a very urgent matter.

My BFF has the type of pets that like to drink out of the toilet and she always puts the lid down on the toilet, even at my house.

My BFF and her hubby have had some stresses in their life lately, so I invited them to dinner tonight to pamper them. Her hubby could not get away, but BFF came over and we had a nice dinner and an even nicer visit.

Now BFF used my bathroom earlier in the evening and then I used it and was pleased to see that she had been listening to my griping and had left the lid up. She then used my bathroom before she went home, only I did not go back in there.

About 3 hours after she left and 4 glasses of iced tea, I needed to make a trip to my bathroom. Unfortunately, I had been on and off the phone, and taking care of some business so by the time I decided to actually take the trip across the house it was quite urgent. In fact, I was running by the time I go to the hallway. Now I have a very bad habit of not using lights in the house when I am alone, but something flicked in my mind as I was running into the bathroom and I thought to hit the switch. Thank goodness I did. The lid was down!!! I got it up in time but barely.

I am not used to that at all. Raymond was trained and my boys are trained that if you use my bathroom, you do not leave the seat up, or the lid down.

I think BFF is going to be banned from my bathroom and assigned to use the youngest's, because one of these days there is going to be an accident and I do not think BFF is going to drive over to clean it up. Love you girl, but you have to use the little bathroom now.

2 comments:

Catmom5 said...

I'm sorry. I thought I had been doing good about not closing the lid. Engrained habit I guess.

:-(

Loni said...

Oh good, glad it wasn't me... I was wracking my brain trying to figure if it was me..... my baby stays out of the toilet and Sammy is too short to get into it... but do have to close it when Phoebe doogle is visiting.