Friday, October 30, 2009

Freaked Out!

I tape shows on my computer all week long and then as I have time I watch them. Tonight I watched "Grey's Anatomy," "Private Practice," and "The View."

Now saying "I watched" is probably a stretch. They are on, and I am listening, but I am not looking up very much unless it sounds particularly interesting.

So here I sit, it is after midnight, I am listening to "The View" and playing "Bubble Spinner" when something that is said catches my attention and I look to the screen. What I saw completely blew my mind. It was my dad. At first my brain tried to make the face go with what was being said by Whoopi Goldberg, but it was not working. I was so confused. Why was my dad's face on the screen. Maybe it was not my dad. Maybe it was an actor they were talking about. My emotions were all over the place. Was my dad coming for a visit?

I started hitting buttons on my remote control to get the picture on the screen to go with the words that were being said. Nothing happened. Then all of a sudden Raymond's youngest sister was on the screen. What the "H?" I hit another button and Raymond's other sister was on the screen. I hit another button and "The View" was back on like nothing had ever happened.

I have to say I was freaked out for several minutes. Then I was just sad because I miss my dad.

1 comment:

Catmom5 said...

What were you ladies smoking tonight?

BFF you need to get some rest.

I wish my mom would come visit.