Sunday, November 18, 2012

2012 Lake Trip - Day 5

Tuesday, November 6, the last day of my 2012 Lake Trip.  

Rules of the house say out by 11:00 A.M., but I have a few stops to make between Bella Vista and home, so I am out by 9:30 A.M.

First stop was Sager Creek Quilts in Siloam Springs, AR, a very nice quilt shop in the downtown area.  I was able to get a couple of Stonehenge panels at a great price, and after picking up and putting down a 5 - 1 yard bundle of Christmas fabric decided to buy it so I would not have any regrets later.  They were generous about letting me take pictures of a table topper they had made and guiding me to some other quilt shops.

Second stop was Capstone Creations quilt shop in Pryor, OK. Very customer oriented, but nothing really sparked my interest.  Very nice shop, but more traditional in their fabric collections.


It was time to head to Tulsa, OK. Lunch at Wendy's followed by a trip to Quilt Shop Sampler.  A very nice, bright store, but nothing I couldn't find at a local quilt shop.

The next stop was Sewflakes in Broken Arrow, OK.   I found some fat quarters I wanted from a new fabric collection and then headed home.

I thought I could make it back home in time to go to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants, but I got home so late I had to settle for Taco Bell.

Once home I carried everything in and started catching up on messages.

It was a wonderful trip, and a much needed respite from everyday life.

No comments: