Sunday, November 18, 2012

We Were So Blessed November 6, 2011

The one year anniversary of Loni taking a sky dive from her attic was November 6.  Today I was reminded of just how lucky she was in not sustaining severe injuries. 

A few minutes ago I learned that the widow of my friend who passed away last year was in the hospital.  This woman and I have become friends through FB and check in with each other every couple of weeks.  I immediately sent her a message and asked her what happened.  Her son replied back and told me to check the update he had just posted.  The post read: "FYI everybody: I was in the attic last week and fell through the rafters. I broke my lower back and two pelvic bones in the front, but no surgery at this time. Wearing a fitted brace for the next three months, it's doing its job so far. I'm very lucky and very blessed?
That so could have been Loni.  I pray my friend recovers quickly and does not require surgery.  

1 comment:

Loni said...

Yes, I had Guardian Angels watching over me that day for sure!