Sunday, October 5, 2008

Great Weekend!!!

-

I had a wonderful weekend.

Yesterday I walked in the Memory Walk for Alzheimer's. It was fun walking with a couple of TOPS pals that I do not have a lot of time to talk to at the meetings. Our team raised over $1,000.00.

After the walk I met up with the boys and we went to lunch, and then came back to the house so they could work on a comic contest and play video games. The oldest left when it was time for the youngest to leave for a party and for me to go have dinner and a birthday celebration with my best friend.

The birthday celebration included dinner at Joe's Italian Bistro, a trip to the big 1/2 Price bookstore in Dallas, and then back to the house to eat brownies.

Today the youngest and I picked up the oldest and his girlfriend and then went to the Cottonwood Arts Festival in Richardson, TX. There were so many booths full of fabulous art work, along with some great music. We hardly ever eat the food at any of these events so I cannot report on any of the food offered.

The only thing I did not enjoy about the festival was the dogs. It seems every time I turned around there was a dog relieving itself. I do not know how those artists can stand the stress of wondering if the next lifting of a leg will hit their art piece or not.

We left Cottonwood with 7 pieces of art, a lot of conversation about some of the fantastic artists we met, and hungry. Lunch was full of laughs. We hit Sprouts for some yogurt and then came home to rest before going to the "Blessing of the Animals" at church. After the "Blessing" we went to 1/2 Price books and then I took the oldest and his girlfriend back to campus.

I'm exhausted but happy.

Here is a list of some of the artists we bought from today:

www.jaylong.com
This is the print we purchased:


www.wintersgallery.com

Todd's work is fabulous. I did not see the pieces we bought on the site, but I love them. Not only that but Todd was very open with my youngest about his techniques and giving him hints on things he could do to enhance the pieces he does in art class. He also autographed and left a special message to my oldest on the piece that my oldest chose as his own.

www.thepnutgallery.com

We bought a turtle painting from him, but it is not on the website.

www.southwestartisan.com

This is the print I purchased from Wesley Holderby, but it was not my first choice. I like this piece but he had another one I fell in love with, but the boys really disliked it, so I bowed to their tastes.




The oldest bought this piece.

www.thought-full-art.com




We also bought three cd's of Bob Culbertson playing the "Chapman Stick."
www.stickmusic.com
Great stuff!!

Great Weekend!!!


-

No comments: