Monday, June 11, 2007

Howling Turtle

We have a howling musk turtle. At times he makes a sound like an owl hooting, and at other times he makes a sound like you would hear in a movie about werewolves.

He makes the howling sound so infrequently that I forget he can make that noise. This morning I was up early by myself and reading the paper when he started howling, very creepy. Chills started running up and down my spine and I was starting to get spooked. It wasn't until another turtle started slapping the water that I realized the turtles were up and active.

Now that we are all up and moving around he is howling again. I don't know what sets him off, but I hope it stops soon, or he goes back to making owl sounds. Owl sounds are are very pleasant, a howling turtle ... not so pleasant.

No comments: