Tuesday, June 5, 2007

What to Say?

It has been over a year, and I still cannot figure out what to say when people ask me about my husband. I hate saying he is dead. He is not dead. He is every where I look. He is in the face and actions of my oldest. He is in the laugh of my youngest. He is in the trees in my yard. He is in my mind and my heart. He is not dead.

I hate saying he has passed on. That sounds weird to me.

Deceased works in certain circumstances, like when talking to a government official or a credit card company. Gone – sounds like he ran away.

No longer with us – who is he with?

If I say “He died,” I always end up thinking did he?

I’m still working on finding the right thing to say. I should have asked Raymond what he wanted me to say, I am sure he would have had a funny answer.

No comments: