Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Ick

Ick

If someone asks me how I feel today I am going to say like "ick." Not icky, but like "ick." I couldn't find a good definition of ick in the dictionary, unless I was a tropical fish, but the word sounds right to me for today.

I'm in pain. I'm bloated from the pain. I'm hot. I'm aggravated. I'm depressed. I'm obese and feel it. Yes. I feel like ick.

I know several people that would look at my list of complaints and say "what else is new," and that would make me mad. Very few people know about my aches and pains. I'm more active than most of my friends, and I don't complain to just anyone.

Despite my pain today, I did walk 3 miles this morning. I'm paying for it now, but I did get out and move.

My fish are all dying. It is not from ick, the fish disease. We don't know why. It is depressing. I'm not even going to bother taking them back for replacements. I have already replaced 4 out of the 6. The gas is starting to cost more than the fish.

Maybe I feel like ick because I am going shopping. I hate to shop. I hate to spend money, but there is a 50% off sale, and I have a coupon for an extra 30%. I need a few things. Now is the time to get them. I went yesterday for my youngest and saved $22.00 on what he needed, and that did not count the 50% off.

I hope I don't feel like ick tomorrow. Maybe it is the heat. Maybe it is the heat in the house. I keep the a/c on 80. It is hot, sticky, and miserable, but it is the only way I can afford the bill, and even then it is high.

Ick that is what I feel like.

No comments: