Thursday, August 21, 2008

What is Flitting Around in My Mind Today?



Oldest has his first radio show at midnight. It will last until 2. How long will I last?

Met a new friend of the oldest last night, a girl, she was very nice. I think I made her nervous. I tried not to. I just wanted to get to know her a little. She cannot eat dairy, legumes, or ... CHOCOLATE!!!! All day I have been trying to decide if I had to give one or the other up would I give up cheese or chocolate. I eat a lot more cheese than I do chocolate. I enjoy a really good hard licorice as much as a good piece of chocolate, but I like cheese in casseroles, Mexican food, baked ziti. It would be hardest to give up the dairy.

Youngest got his schedule for his freshman year of high school. He received all the classes he signed up for, so I guess that is good. Only a class or two with friends.

I am redecorating the room my Mom was living in here. I have bagged up all the bedding she had bought for the room. Just made me sad. It will be my oldest's room now and a guest room. I am doing the bed in blue plaid and covering the couch with blue denim. We have the brass rubbing in there and the framed etched glass on mirror (which freaks out my youngest when he walks down the hall). I have taken down all the old fashioned pictures. So my mine keeps flitting on that room and all the changes to it in the last week. It is like I am completely erasing Mom's presence from the house. Sadness weeps into my brain.

I keep thinking about how much I hate that school is starting. I like having my kids with me.

Will my oldest ever come home again now that he has a new lady?

How many weeks can I go without doing laundry?

Why is it that when I tell anyone bagging my groceries or Target purchases that I do not want any of my purchases bagged, do the continue to ask me if I am sure that I don't want a bag. I have canvas bags in my van, but I often forget to take them in, I also have laundry baskets in my van. I just take the purchases out and put them in the the bags and baskets. It works great. Only one store today did not give me a hard time about it.

If I grill a hot dog this late at night will I be up all night? Well that would be a good thing in a way because then I could listen to the oldest's radio show.

Will I ever be able to find the right combination to clear up my youngest's face? Is he allergic to his hair. He breaks out in his eyebrows, mustache, hairline, and sideburns? What in the heck would you do about that?

Too many books are piling up around me. I need to read. When will I actually do that? Two great library books are in, and another favorite author's newest arrives at my house tomorrow. I would love to be just rich enough to be able to read any time I wanted and never have to do housework, laundry, or take care of the pool again. Then I could just read, quilt, watch my shows, watch movies, play board games, and definitely fish.

Why am I typing this stuff when I could be reading? I think that is what I will do and ignore the brain flits until the oldest gets on the radio.


No comments: