Sunday, August 17, 2008

YEAH!!


My oldest interviewed with the college radio and just received word that he "made the radio" and will be a DJ.

I am so thrilled that he will not be just sitting around being a computer nerd. He took journalism when he went to the local high school and radio. He is an excellent writer and enjoyed doing radio.

I would like him to explore many opportunities before deciding on one. I am afraid he has "niched" himself in his own mind because he is so good at one particular thing he has decided that is his passion, but I am not so sure.

To me when you have a passion you work at it constantly, and he does not do that. I don't want him to follow what he is good at as much as what he loves.

Raymond found out way to late in his short life that he was very good at what he did and it made us a good living, but it was not what really made him happy. I think that if he had lived we would have been making changes in how he worked and lived, especially after the boys were out of high school.

I am very proud and happy for my oldest.

No comments: