Sunday, January 4, 2009

I'm Going Mad, Mad I Say


There is a terrible odor just in one little section of my entry into my kitchen/laundry area. It is driving me mad. At first I thought it was in the garbage, but no, we took the garbage out and cleaned the cans. I have cleaned. I have searched. Nothing.

Finally my youngest said it reminded him of a dead mouse smell, and then I realized that he was right. So now I am obsessed. There is nothing in any of the traps. There is no sign of any recent mice activity. The smell is in a very open area. There is nothing I can find that is making the smell.

I get up about every five minutes and look. I think the smell is fading, so maybe it is in the wall.

Sometimes I think I need to move to a place like "Highland Springs" and be done with older house owning thing before I do go completely mad.

2 comments:

Loni said...

ok, you're still too young to move to a retirement community.

Cheryl said...

OK, so I won't be age eligible for five years and 3+ months, but I do need to start thinking about where I will end up when the boys are on their own.

I have toured Highland Springs. You never have to go outside to get to anything! So on bad weather days, you can go to one of two restaurants, the store, bank, doctor, etc., without getting wet, cold, wind blown, overheated, or anything else Texas can throw at you.

They have a greenhouse you can work in if you like to garden. The fishing thing I'm still unsure of, but they do have a little lake.

There is a lot of light in the apartments I looked at so it would good for quilting, or reading.

There are people there that will come in and help with small handyman jobs, or maid service, etc.

They have classrooms, a computer room, game room, and clubs galore, including a quilting club.

It is very nice.

I will admit that most of the people I saw there were quite a bit older than I am, but nothing smelled like a dead mouse.