Sunday, January 11, 2009

Nice Sunday


Today is the last day before the oldest moves back to campus tomorrow, so we made it a big family day even though he comes home most weekends.

We slept late, and then I made French Toast.

After breakfast we digested while playing the new Yahtzee (I won after rolling 3 Yahtzees in the game). Then while the oldest showered the youngest and I played Quirkle. I don't know why it is that when the youngest and I play we end up with such closed boards.

Quirkle board 1/11/09

It was such a beautiful day that we decided to go down to Bob Woodruff park in Plano and take a little hike on the unpaved trails. We hiked around and took pictures for an hour and a half before heading to Chili's for dinner. After dinner it was a stop at Kroger's for milk (where I ran in to librarian Becky, always a treat), and then home for a game of Quirkle with the oldest.

There were several very tough moments for me today because Bob Woodruff is where Raymond and I hiked a lot when we first got married. It was also a place we took the boys when they were young. I got through it without tears, so that is progress.










Images from Bob Woodruff Park, Plano, TX 1/11/09



No comments: