Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Different Kind of Easter

This was a different kind of Easter weekend for our family.

There was no coloring of eggs, or an Easter egg hunt for the very first time since 1991.  Although it made my heart sad, I was also glad.  It was getting pretty hard to hide eggs from boys that are taller than me and keep them from being smashed from size 12 and 14 shoes.  

I did not even see the youngest.  He stayed on campus to get community service time (it was canceled) and study.  

The oldest did spend Friday night and was here for a good part of Saturday.  Saturday night he came back with his girlfriend and some others came over.

The girls and I made craft day into a stay over so that they could go to Sunrise Service with me.  QueenJ could not be here with us, so it wasn't quite the same but it was still a beautiful day.

Jason delivered a wonderful message to us all this morning and the youth did a fabulous job.   

After the service we went to breakfast and then each of us went on our separate ways to finish up Easter day.

I took a nice long nap, did some laundry, and worked on the baby quilt.  I also had a nice chat with my brother and a friend.  

I thought this would be tough to get through this day without the usual traditions, but it actually turned out to be an okay different kind of Easter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing Easter weekend with your girls; going to your home is as comforting as being with Aunt Tootie. I hope to be fortunate enough to share many more times with you. Love ya!

Loni said...

Different but good. Enjoy spending time with you and the rest of the 'family'.