Friday, April 30, 2010

A Friendship Lost

It's amazing when 2 strangers become best friends; but it's sad when 2 best friends become strangers .From James Reed Crawford's Facebook page.
This has happened to me recently.

At first I cried. Then I went into depression, followed by doubting everything about me. Anger hit, and overwhelming sadness along with a great deal of confusion.

It was hard to explain to my boys.

It was terrifying when I was in the hospital and they asked if I had a Medical Power of Attorney and who had the power and I lied. I now have to work on having all my legal papers changed.

Now I just am. It took a long time for me to become me, and that is who I am. Given a choice I would rather be happy with myself instead of spending my life trying to be what others want me to be.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Sorry to hear of a friendship lost. Those are so painful. But you deserve friends who love you as you are...no changes required.

Catmom5 said...

You are perfect the way you are - you are unique, loving, thoughtful and FUN! This "friend" needs to get her head examined. She obviously doesn't know what a treasure you are and will live to regret her meaness, I hope!