Friday, April 30, 2010

Still Celebrating

I have been celebrating my birthday so much since the beginning of April there has not been time to blog.

For those of you that are counting, I am now 51, and so far it has been good.
I found out my heart is like that of a 20 year old.  YEAH!  My blood work has also greatly improved.  I just need to keep working on getting healthier.

I spent lots of time during April with my loved ones, always good for the heart and the soul.  

Before my birthday date, I spent a great day at the "Quilt Mercantile" in Celeste with BFF, and then went back for another great day with Laurie the following Friday. I have had a trip there planned for a year and was thrilled I got to go and spend some of my early birthday money.
Mina took me to lunch before she left for CA because she had to be out of town.
BFF was here for my birthday weekend as well as Loni.

Loni learned to play some of my favorite games so I now I don't have to bribe the boys to play with me, and we still have lots of games for her to learn. 

My oldest was here to celebrate turning 20 (we share a birthday).  I will admit I was disappointed that all the gifts he wanted were not things I could hand him to unwrap, but I know he appreciates all of the things he picked out that I paid for, and hoped he would enjoy.

Youngest was here for the weekend and made his famous "GiGi's Red Velvet Cake" for me.  It was delicious as always, and yes, he makes the cake and frosting from scratch.  Thank you Loni for going to get the ingredient we forgot.

I received a box of gifts yesterday from my aunt, and still have something coming from the boys.  My boss asked me how long my birthday was going to last, and I told her I didn't know, but I wasn't complaining.

2 comments:

Loni said...

But YOU are a grand reason to celebrate.

Catmom5 said...

It was very fun celebrating with you!!