Saturday, June 19, 2010

What Makes Women Special

Their ability to bond and be there for each other.

Loni, Mina, Jill and I went to lunch today to celebrate Loni's birthday.  Jill and I have discovered we really like splitting a meal so we shared a delicious salad.  Loni and Mina split their lunch and cheesecake.  Jill and I were too full for cheesecake.  It was a great lunch with fabulous conversation.  

At one point of the meal Jill looked at me and said something about all the topics of discussion for the lunch. As I am sitting here thinking about it again, I am laughing all over again.  Here are some of the topics from lunch:
  •  Balls, as in the kind that belong to the male species.(Started with why a couple in Mina's neighborhood did not know their dog wasn't neutered.
  • Why we can never make our hair look the way the stylist fixes it.
  • The latest antics of my boys.
  • Massages (I'm the only one of the four that does not enjoy a massage)
  • Colors of nail polish, and our personal favorites
  • Husbands
  • Travel
  • My affinity for really old and ratty clothes
  • Latest update on Jill's son and his girlfriend
  • 100's of other items that were interspersed among the above discussions.
Add to that the underlying comments about each of us and it makes for a very fun afternoon.  

The four of us make a great combination when we are together.  Jill and Mina are so much alike I swear they must share DNA.  Loni and I are the more practical side of the group.  I can't wait until the next get together.

1 comment:

Loni said...

The four of us together are nearly always a recipe for some really good belly laughs and smiles until your cheeks hurt. Love you all!!!!