Sunday, June 20, 2010

Very Content Right Now

As I sit here in my favorite recliner with my feet up and reflect upon my life at this moment I have to say I am very content.

The last three days have been so enjoyable.

Friday I took Loni to Celeste to Quilt Mercantile to pick out the fabric for the back of the cat quilt I made her for her birthday.  We also stopped at Texas Quiltworks for thread, and had a nice lunch at A Taste of Home.  

Friday night I met Loni and Mina for dinner at Joe's Italian Bistro after dropping the youngest off for a "Magic" card event.  

Saturday was Loni's birthday.  Jill (BFF) met me here right around noon and we drove into town to meet the girls for a birthday lunch celebration at Cheesecake Factory.  It was a wonderful lunch full of laughter.  Loni and Mina went on their way and BFF and I ran an errand and then came back to the house for a nice visit.  

BFF came back later in the evening for a very pleasant swim, and the Loni came back and joined us.  Then we had some of the Oreo Cake I made Loni.  It was yummy.  (Mina was on a date with her hubby.) (Loni went to dinner with her hubby but then he had to work, so she came back here.)

After cake BFF went home, but Loni stayed and we played games.  Youngest joined us.

I decided to grill burgers today, so Loni came over for lunch since her hubby had to work.  Oldest joined us and then he and youngest ran an errand for me to pick up a converter/digital frame from Brookstone that I have been wanting for a while and Loni had a coupon that applied.  

Loni and I played games while waiting on the boys.  

Once the boys came home with the frame, Loni helped me set it up. It is fantastic.

After a slice of cake, we all went swimming and then it was back in for more game play.  This time the oldest joined us.  

Tomorrow John will start on some remodeling work I am having done that I am very excited about, so yes I am very content right now.

2 comments:

Loni said...

happy to have a content Mama....Thx for the Wonderful Birthday weekend.

Unknown said...

So very glad that the mama is content. It was a wonderful weekend; I love the time that we get to spend together.