Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Today is a Good Day to Remember Why

I had a frustrating morning with my oldest so I would like to share a couple of stories that show just how wonderful my boys are to me. (Yes, they are kind and nice to others, but this is about me.)

When we were on vacation my youngest showed just how observant and caring he is when it comes to taking care of me.  On Sunday morning I had drawn one of the easy chairs up to the window to look at the lake in the sunroom.  The windows were long and slender with everyone other one screened.  I had my chair in front of a window that did not have a screen.  The youngest came over and started cranking open the window next to the one I looking out of watching the turtles.  I asked him what he was doing as he started to remove the screen.  He told me that he was going to wash the window I was looking out of so that I could enjoy the view more.  It was quite dirty and covered with spider webs and gnats.  It was so nice to have a clean window and that he noticed and thought enough of me to make my vacation more enjoyable.

The oldest also showed me how much he cares on vacation.  On our way back we spent the night in Conway, AR.  The room we were in looked out across a parking lot and there was a spotlight shining into our window.  When we went to shut the outer heavy curtains we discovered they did not close.  They were just narrow panels.  I immediately started to panic.  I cannot sleep with lights and I knew I had a long drive home the next day.  I laid down and turned my back to the window trying to calm myself.  I heard sounds behind me and asked the youngest what his brother was doing.  It turns out the oldest was putting a blanket over the curtain rod to block out the light so that I could sleep.  Blessed relief.  What a wonderful son.

My boys are so good to me.  Here are other examples:
  • My youngest turns down my bed at night when he is home.
  • My oldest remembered I was out cream cheese the other morning and picked some up on the way home so we would have it for our breakfast bagels.
  • When I got sick tonight, my youngest had a big glass of water next to my chair when I came out of the bathroom.
  • My oldest is always showing me websites or blogs he thinks I will enjoy.
  • My youngest made my favorite muffins for my breakfast the other morning, even though I am the only one that will eat them.
  • During the school year when my youngest is not living at home, my oldest always takes out the garbage and does the heavier stuff around the house when he stops by to visit.
I could go on and on, but I don't need to keep telling reasons why my boys are so wonderful.  They just are, and I am truly blessed.




1 comment:

Loni said...

They are such sweet boys!