Monday, June 28, 2010

When We Get That Far

The new living room colors will be Sherwin Williams "Lime Granita" and "Great Green."

Of course we are not close to doing any painting yet since there is still a big hole in the wall.

What started out as removing a window for a sliding door and adding a patio has become:
  • Removing part of the fireplace to add in the window I removed.  
  • Having a custom bookcase built to cover the other side of the huge and hideous fireplace.
  • Taking out all the bookcases in the playroom.
  • Changing all the lights and adding a ceiling fan in the living room.
  • New crown molding in living room.
  • Painting walls and crown molding.
  • Removing a couple of short brick walls outside.
  • Adding a path from the patio to the pool.
  • Moving and adding outlets to living room and outside.
  • Painting playroom.
Each day I seem to find something new I want done. It has become a joke between John "the remodeler" and me.  "John, I want such and such done. That will cost me $5.00 right."  Today I added the bookcase.  I said "Bookcase. $5.00."  John said "$5.00, $5.00, $5.00."  
Oh well.  I did not enjoy my vacation this year, so I think I will make this my vacation home and just not go any where for the next ten years.  

I know it is going to be beautiful.  I don't even mind the work being done because John is really good about cleaning up his mess throughout the day and being very good about making sure his schedule works with mine and that he is not interfering with my life.  We made an agreement that he would always tell me what time he was arriving so I would know not to be in ratty robe.  It is working out great. 

As my friend Bryan said having John around is like having Eldin, the painter, in Murphy Brown around.  It really is like that these days.  John is very entertaining and pops up with some really funny things. He is also good about giving my youngest some pointers on the work he is doing.  I will miss him when the work is done.


1 comment:

Loni said...

But it is going to be soooooo Beautiful when it is all done... it makes a good knitting retreat.