Monday, July 19, 2010

Life Update

Since I am still pretty much still "unplugged" as the remodeling continues, I am going to just do a quick "Life Update" while I am on the computer tonight. 
  • Medical tests are complete.  Two biopsies were taken during the endoscopy and two were taken during the colonoscopy.  No polyps were found.  Nothing looked cancerous.  The biopsies were for diagnosis purposes only.  The blood work came back normal.  I should hear about the biopsies soon.  Dr. put me on a couple of new medications to try to heal some raw spots in my esophagus and see if he can calm IBS symptoms.  Not a bad experience.  Even the prep wasn't too awful.  Two full days of a liquid diet sucked.  I am so fortunate to have such wonderful "girls."  Loni took me Friday morning and spent the day with me, and Mina came over and stayed with me while Loni drove the youngest to class.  I was well cared for.  
  • Remodeling is going very well.  Painters started prepping today. We still have another room to do, but we will be painting it ourselves so it will be a little slower to get finished.
  • I am really enjoying my new deck/patio (I really need to pick a name for that space).  I spent two hours out there tonight on the porch swing, in the dark, listening to the fountain splash.  Wish Raymond was here to enjoy the space with me. 
  • The color of green that Loni and Mina's company used to paint a large portion of their work space is so ugly it could turn me against green forever if I had to work there, just taking the "family" tour was enough to make me question my choice. 
  • Someone really screwed up when they chose the graphics of the frosted windows in the renovation of the building where Loni and Mina work.  One window graphic says something along the line of "Make the Right Choice" and the right choice for the graphic would be a condom. The graphic is supposed to be a gavel.
  • I hope the Sherwin Williams "Lemon Chiffon" will be the right color for the bookcase and mantel. It was the closest I could find to the picture in my mind.

1 comment:

deborah.vanderburg.org said...

So glad the medical tests came back clear (no pun intended to the diet)!

The remodeling sounds fabulous! Enjoy