Sunday, July 4, 2010

No Computer/No TV

I have not had a television to watch or a computer of my own since we started the remodeling.  My laptop stopped working just a couple of days after the remodeling started.  I am using my youngest's computer right now as the boys are out at some card tournament.

Not sure how much I miss the television since my shows are not on, but I do miss not being able to watch my new dvds.  

Can't say I miss the computer much since I am on it eight hours a day at work.  
I have been doing a lot more reading and listening to music.  

The downside is I really have no idea of what is going on in the world.  I don't have time to browse websites at work and I no longer get a newspaper.  

It may be another couple of weeks before the living room is set up again, and then we will probably start tearing out the fireplace in the playroom, so who knows what will happen then.  

It will probably be a long time before I can afford a laptop since I am trying to finish as much remodeling as I can, but at least my desktop will be set up again and I won't have to wait for a break in game play to borrow a computer.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It has been a while since I haven't had a tv, but I remember that I did a lot of reading during that time period. The public library was my best friend. The renovation will be done soon and it will be worth all the temporary sacrifices.

Loni said...

But your Retreat is good even when there isn't TV... sometimes it is good to just unplug... of course that usually means I get my butt kicked at some tile or card game, but it's still a nice Retreat. Love ya!!!