Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Homework #1

I have homework for TOPS this week.

My homework assignment is to write something positive I have done for myself or about myself five times during the week. This is #1.

I have been extremely stressed lately. A lot of it is from pressure I put on myself. I have always been very hard on myself.

The stress has been so bad lately that I actually broke a tooth from gritting my teeth during a meeting. I have had knots in my shoulder, and I feel like I my nerves are exposed.

Tonight I was working on several projects at once that were all for other people. I have about 25 emails that need attention, and I feel as if I could scream for hours. So what did I do?

I put my computer away, took out my quilt and starting quilting. I could feel the stress going out of my shoulder and I stopped thinking about all the other projects and the emails.

That was very difficult for me, but it was definitely a positive step for my own benefit.

No comments: