Thursday, May 29, 2008

GAG!

After eleven days in ICU, Mom was moved to a long term acute care hospital yesterday.

I spent all day with her yesterday, and then the boys and I went to see her after school today. We were there when they brought her dinner. GAG!!!! I’m not kidding, I almost lost it.

Her dinner was tomato soup that was so thick it looked like they just opened the can and threw it in the bowl, 2 small packages of crackers, something called blushing pears – canned pears with something red sprinkled all over them, a sandwich from awful looking white bread, the thinnest cheese slice I have ever seen, and a thin slice of some sort of lunchmeat, water, and milk. She ate about 4 bites of soup, ¼ of the sandwich (only because I told her she had to prove she could eat to come home), and two bites of the pears. The face she made while eating was excruciating to watch.

Poor Mom.

No comments: