Thursday, May 29, 2008

Rings or No Rings?

A friend told me today that if I would take off my wedding rings I might get asked out. I told him that I did not need a man. He told me that he knew I did not need a man, but it would be nice for me to have someone to go out with and have fun. Another friend agreed.

Another male friend thinks it is wonderful that I still wear my rings. He says it shows that I am a true Christian woman that still considers herself married.

I know Raymond wanted me to find someone else. I am just not interested. I have no idea as to where to look for man, and how I would find one that would meet my standards. Of course, my friend that told me I should take off my rings also said I would probably need to lower my standards and settle for someone that talks about normal everyday things. Why would I want that?

Besides, what man out there would want a very opinionated, almost 50 year old obese short woman?

My rings have been a part of me for 26 years, I do not see myself taking them off any time soon.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Cheryl,

No one else can make this decision for you. If you do *ever* decide to take them off, it's your decision and no one else's. I'm sure your friends are well meaning, but it's really none of their business (or mine!).

Deborah