Thursday, January 28, 2010

I Like to Drive My Way

I have a lot of personal quirks and rules.  BFF asked me the other day if something I told her about working one of my jigsaw puzzles was rule two thousand and something.

One of my quirks is I don't like to ride with other people unless we are going to a place I won't drive to (the airport) or I am drinking.

Saturday I drove when BFF and I went to the quilt shop.  On the way back it was raining.  BFF suggested that I might want to turn my lights on. Well, no I did not want to turn my lights on.  I did not think it was time to turn my lights on.  I know when I like to turn my lights on, and when I don't want to turn that switch.  

Upon BFF's suggestion about the lights, I told her the story about when the day Raymond told me to turn my windshield wipers on. Now I hate windshield wipers, they get on my nerves.  I don't turn them on until I am ready, which is when I no longer can see to drive safely.  Now this particular day, Raymond's side did look blurry, but my side was still okay, but he told me to turn my wipers on.  I had an answer for him.  I pulled off into a parking lot, walked to the back of the van and retrieved his wheelchair and suggested he wheel himself to where he needed to go.  He agreed that he would let me decide when to turn on the wipers.  

I think BFF got the point because she did not say anything more about my lights.  
Anyone want to go for a drive?


2 comments:

Seren Dippity said...

As long as you don't tailgate 3" from the car bumper in front of us, you can turn your lights/windshield wipers on/off whenever you want to. I hate driving. But I get jumpy when my dh tailgates. I try so hard not to cringe, but he always knows, probably because of such subtle hints as grinding my teeth, grabbing for the safety straps, pressing the imaginary passenger's side brakes. Little things.

Oh, and what is your rule about radios?

Cheryl said...

I don't think I tailgate, because I don't like that either.

Radios make me nervous. I do like to play cds because I can control the music, but not when friends are with me. I prefer conversation.

Oldest and I listen to cds. Youngest and I just ride in comfortable silence. Long trips definitely require cds.