Sunday, January 3, 2010

Oh Boo Hoo


I go back to work tomorrow.  I have been off since December 22 and I have enjoyed every minute of doing nothing.

I was considering traveling back to KY over the vacation but the weather has been so wild that I decided I would be crazy to even look into the details. Once that was out of my mind it was all about pure relaxation. 

Unfortunately, oldest and I were sick a good part of it with a cold, as was BFF so some of our activities were limited. I slept one whole day completely away. 

I enjoyed my Christmas decorations every single day until we took them down on Jan. 1. 

I think I have actually only left the house about four times, maybe 5 since I have been off, so I haven't had to deal with a lot of people and the craziness of the shoppers and returners.

The boys and I were able to get the workshop and green building all cleaned out and need to take a trip to the donation house.

I read some excellent books. 

Worked on the turtle quilt a few nights.

We are still eating Christmas ham and homemade rolls, although we did finish off the 3 pounds of baked ziti, so I haven't really had to cook other than the eggs and toast that the youngest loves so much, not even a grilled cheese has been made. (What is it with these people and my grilled cheese sandwiches?)

I am very sorry BFF was so sick and we had so little time together.  I also have missed Loni and Mina something fierce, and there is never, ever enough time with Sis. 

I guess it is time to go back to the real world, but I sure wish I could stay home until the youngest goes back to school on the 18th.  I so enjoy being around him.  The oldest has to go back to work tomorrow, so I will probably see as much of him now I as I usually do during the school year. 

Oh Boo Hoo I will actually have to wear something besides day time pj's and slippers starting tomorrow.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

when do we start Thursday night with mama again? Missing it.

Loni said...

Cause your grilled cheesies are the bestest.. and well, grilled cheese; Macaroni & cheese, and plain cheeseburger are my top 3 comfort or go-to foods anyhow. Miss you too!!!

Cheryl said...

Any Thursday you want to show up.