Saturday, October 9, 2010

Mr. Squirrel

I have a lot of different types of oak trees in my yard, and there seems to be a bumper crop of acorns falling to the ground this year.  Mr. Squirrel is quite happy with all the acorns. 

I have been watching Mr. Squirrel hide acorns the last few days.  I can't figure out how he decides where to hide them.  He put several around the fence and the porch edges, and that seems reasonable to me.  Landmarks.  Today he is out in the back field just hiding them willy nilly.  How will he find them again?  There are no landmarks out there.  It is just a big open field.  

He sure is cute when he is digging.  I like how he looks around to see if anyone is watching him.  Another squirrel came around and he chased him off.  

Mr. Squirrel has also been getting a lot of drinks out of the fountain lately.  He is so cute when he jumps up there and lays down to stick his face in the water. 

I love squirrels. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mr. Squirrel is my favorite, mainly because he reminds me of Winky, the squirrel that was always in our walnut tree back in Missouri. I hope that he doesn't forget where his winter food is located.