Sunday, October 31, 2010

Shoulder Therapy

I hurt my shoulder back at the end of September at work, but after keeping it still and resting it healed on its own after a couple of days.  Then just as it was feeling almost normal I reached up over my head to remove a box from the top of a file cabinet and heard/felt a pop in the same shoulder.  Even after resting it there was no improvement, but lots of pain.

I am now in the process of going through the Worker's Compensation paperwork.  I have seen a doctor, had one PT session, and I am waiting for the approval for five more and another doctor's visit.  I have been doing the PT at home, and but I don't see or feel a lot of improvement.  

I am hoping I can get this healed up soon and move on to a very healthy 2011.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heartily recommend a good chiropractor. Made all the difference in the world to me when I had shoulder issues. PT is still necessary but it is much more productive when everything is in proper alignment.

Take care!

SerenDippity

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't been to a chiropractor since I started college. That was not a good experience.

I know now he was a little perverted, but it the thought of seeing one makes me really uneasy. (No he did not molest me, but he definitely had some issues, and I was too naive to understand that the questions he was asking me were really not appropriate.)