Sunday, July 10, 2011

Accomplishments #187-#191

Wow, it has been a very successful week here at the house.  I am purging stuff, and doing a pretty darn good job of it too.

I am giving the youngest extra pay to clean out our workshop, greenhouse, and green building.  He started on the workshop this week and along with that I began to get rid of items that I have probably held on to for too long, but I was waiting to see if the boys would need them.
  • Big tools of Raymond's are going, big electric saw, drill press etc.  
  • I hope to find a buyer for Raymond's kiln and wheel (well he bought them for me, but he ended up liking throwing clay more than I did).  I have decided to sell his hobby items to support my hobby of quilting.
  • I have a building full of items that I am donating to Salvation Army like bookcases, mirrors, clocks, tables, lamps, etc.  Yes, I could have a garage sale, but I just think it is too much work for the small amount of money I get out here off the beaten path.  
  • Books and magazines have gone to the library.  
  • Bags of clothes are ready for donating.
  • Garbage bins are full and there are bags and bags of garbage ready for pick up.
  • Three trips to the recycling bins have been made with cardboard, plus my at home bins are full of other recyclables.
  • The boys have gone through their stored toys and old software and have them ready to donate.
In addition to all of the above, I have vacuumed, dusted, put away extra items, and straightened several rooms in the house.  I have also washed, dried and folded seven loads of laundry since yesterday, and the boys have done some on top of those loads.  
I am really looking forward to completing the purge.  It will probably be fall before it is all done, but it will be done.  The only thing I am concerned about is selling the kiln and wheel because I don't like to deal with selling items.


3 comments:

Deborah said...

I have a friend who is in the market for a kiln. How big is it? how much are you asking for it? Does it work?

Deborah

Anonymous said...

I am also interested in the kiln so put me second in line? My DH might be interested in the tools. My daughter is moving into an apartment in two weeks and sure could use some bookcases and things. If you don't want to have a garage sale, maybe a private "showing"?

Serendippity

Anonymous said...

Serendippity,
I know I had your info at one time, but that was before my computer crashed. Email me at tortugaquilter@gmail.com and I can give you details of what I have available, and send pictures probably by the weekend.
C