Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Have You Ever Seen?

Have you ever seen someone that reminds you of someone so much that you just want to say
"You know you look just like ____________."

Well, I had that experience today, and I so wanted to say it, but I knew it would offend the loved ones of this person so much I kept my mouth shut.

I met someone's grandchild today and this baby looked so much like Wallace of Wallace and Gromit fame that it was all I could do to ask the grandmother if she had seen the show.  

Now this baby girl was adorable, and one of the reasons she reminded me of Wallace was because she would grin from ear to ear while she was playing, trying to walk, or looking at you.  Just a precious baby.  She is also pretty much bald, which makes her ears look big.  So every time she would grin at me I would think of Wallace.  

I just don't think the grandmother would have appreciated the comparison.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I could not help but smile at the vision that crossed my mind when I read this, then I saw the picture and started to laugh. Poor child!