Friday, July 29, 2011

Old Friends


I have been reunited with some old friends through FB, but this week I was reunited with an old friend that I have wondered about and prayed over since 1981.

I am not sure you could call him an old boyfriend as we never really dated, but we were very close friends, and had a very special connection.  I met him through Art Club, and I was honored when he asked me to walk with him at graduation. 

The last time I saw him was after Raymond and I became engaged.  For many reasons it was a very hard goodbye, and I have wondered about him for years and no one I asked seemed to know what happened to him. 

The last I heard from him all those years ago he was in Pasadena, TX, and that was probably in 1983.  It turns out he is still there, married, and happy.

I cannot express how thrilled I am for him.  I always wanted him to find a love and be happy, and he did.  We are catching up through messages, and I am enjoying hearing about his life.  

There are only two or three more people that I have been worried about over the years.  Hopefully, I will find out they are well and happy too.


No comments: