Friday, July 1, 2011

Very Dear Friend

I have a very dear friend named Marie. 

I don't get to spend a lot of time with Marie, but I cherish every minute I do spend with her. 

Today we had a belated birthday lunch to celebrate her recent birthday.  I made her some pink coasters, since I know she likes the color.  

I hope she will think of me when she uses them, or when she throws them away.  It doesn't matter to me what people do with the things I give them once they are theirs.  (Except, I still won't make Loni the Halloween quilt she wants because I know she will display it all year, and that is just wrong.)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE my coasters!!!!
They are nicely displayed on my end tables in my living den.
Also to my surprise I have a light cranberry cruet sitting on one table so it all ties in nicely. I will never throw them away.
Now little miss J who came over and saw them wanted to know why I had them. I told her they were a birthday gift especially made for Grammie. Oh, but I like Pink! Too bad they are mine. She'll have to inherit them.