Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Another Decision Made

Wow, I seem to be on a roll. Today I met with a tree trimming service to see about tidying up the trees in the yard. Raymond and I haven’t been able to do the trimming for several years and they are really out of control.

Raymond and I planted over 120 trees on this property since purchasing it in 1993. Most of them are in very good shape, but some need to be topped, shaped, or need the dead limbs cut out. I called one of the tree services recommended by the engineer I hired to look at my foundation. The man came right out to give me an estimate and we walked all up and down the driveway, and around the house to discuss what I wanted done. The man made a lot of suggestions, and really knew his trees. I was impressed by him.

The bid given me did not seem too horrible once I divided it out on a per tree basis. He is also giving me a great deal on a root barrier I needed for a tree on the west side of the property. The work will be done Friday morning, and then I will be able to quit worrying about how bad the property looks from the road.

Whereas I seem to be on a decision making roll, the cost of bringing the house and property back up to the standard it was before Raymond was too sick to help me is always on my mind. I know that I won’t be able to hire people to do all the work that needs to be done, but I am hoping to be able to get to a point where the work that needs to be done will be manageable for the boys and me.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Job Cheryl!!

You are the decider! ;-)

Mathew

P.S. Happy Belated Birthday. I can't completely agree with 48 being so good. The mind is willing but the body... That's another story.