Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Oh How I Wish it Wasn’t So!

Rosie O’Donnell just announced that she would only be a guest co-host and doing specials next year instead of being a regular host on “The View.” I really am so stunned and numbed by this news. I know she is not popular with a lot of people, but to me she is a daily refuge. I tape the show daily and make sure I get a chance to at least watch the Hot Topic section.

I loved Rosie when she had her own show, even though I seldom had a chance to watch it at the time it was on. I truly was devastated when her magazine ceased to be published because it is the only magazine I have ever subscribed to that made me laugh every single month.

I love Rosie because she is not afraid to voice her opinion, which makes her a woman after my own heart. When I am watching Rosie on “The View” it is like having Raymond here with me, in that he and I would always have such lively conversations. I miss that so much.

Very few of my friends have the same interest in current events that I have, and I can understand that because they are busy with their families and sometimes their work, but it often makes me lonely even in a crowd.

I will miss my conversations with Rosie. I know she couldn’t hear me, but talking to Rosie on the television has really kept me sane this past year.

Oh how I wish it wasn’t so.

No comments: