Thursday, July 12, 2007

My “Dream Man”

I have a couple of happily married friends that still enjoy looking at men. We will be out and they will see a man they consider good looking and say things like “oooh, he’ll be in my dreams tonight.” It cracks me up. I have never been one to fantasize about men. In fact, I seldom notice what men look like.

Raymond and I always had a running joke that the only man I would ever leave him for was Sam Elliott. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000385/ I like Sam Elliot more for his extremely sexy voice than his looks, although he is good looking.

No matter how much I like Sam Elliott, I have never dreamed of him. I am just not a man dreamer. My dreams tend to run a little more towards reality.

Another thing about me is that I do not find men with blonde hair attractive. I have dated some in the very distant past, and it just never worked out because no matter how nice they were, or how smart, I just could not get past the fact that they were blonde. So imagine my surprise the other night when I had a dream about a very tall, wide-shouldered, good looking blonde man.

In my dream, this large semi truck ran through my front yard destroying my flower beds, and tearing up some of my trees, and coming to rest across my driveway. I went tearing out of my house, ran up to the truck cab, yanked open the door and started screaming at the driver, the blonde man. I was crying and telling him I was a widow that could barely keep up with the house and the property and how dare he tear up my property. I was screaming about how I had no idea how to make all the repairs that would be required now that he had destroyed my front yard.

He stepped out of the truck and apologized to me saying that he had borrowed the truck and just didn’t realize how hard it would be to control. I told him to get off my property and go away.

The dream then goes to him playing poker with a bunch of men and talking about how bad he feels about what he did to my property. He then vows to these men that he will fix all the damage and also everything else wrong on the property.

In the next dream scene he is at my door with his toolbox telling me again how sorry he is and how he would like to help me at no cost. He then proceeds to fix everything around the house.

Now that is a dream man.

No comments: