Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Another Year - No Goals


I have been reading blogs this morning as I try to get out of this fog I am in from very little sleep. Everyone seems to be setting goals. As L knows, I hate setting goals for a year. It is just too much pressure. As soon as I break one, even if it is just a blip, I feel so guilty I beat myself up for weeks. I don't need that, I beat myself up enough as it is.

There is one thing I will be doing again in 2009. I am going to stop drinking sodas. I went for years without drinking sodas except on rare occasion. However for the last six months I have been drinking Cokes again. I crave the stupid things. I know I should not drink them, that they are very bad for me, especially with diabetes in my family. I haven't been buying them for the house, but I have been having them in restaurants and I will pick one up at the drugstore once a week.

I went out and bought 3 six packs the beginning of this week. I am going to drink them and when they are gone that it is. Cold turkey. No sodas at any restaurants etc.

I know I will have caffeine withdrawal, but I am determined to quit.

1 comment:

Loni said...

We just need to call it something else and not GOALS for you. C's Challenges to Herself or something like that :)