Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Overwhelmed by the Love

The boys and I had a family Christmas celebration dinner tonight with my girls, Loni and Mina.

We had a wonderful meal at our favorite local italian bistro, the boys treated their "sisters/aunties."

After dinner and dessert, we exchanged gifts. My girls really overwhelmed me with their gifts this year. Their gifts were the type Raymond would have chosen for me.

Mina (with Loni holding the basket) went to Common Threads Quilting quilt shop in Waxahachie and bought me a basket (made out of fat quarters) full of beautiful fat quarters (with a green theme of course). I haven't been able to bring myself to take anything out of the basket, not even untie it, but I have been sitting here thumbing through the different fat quarters and the fabric is so soft. She did a terrific job of choosing each fabric. I cannot believe she, and Loni, took the time to pick out all that fabric. It truly was a labor of love. She also bought me some nice quilting accessories that I did not have and really did want.

Loni had a bag of goodies for me. She knitted me this adorable tiny green sweater ornament.

It looks so darn cute on the tree. She also gave me an ornament of a snow girl on the go, wearing a green sweater and holding a cell phone and a hot chocolate. Staying with the green theme she bought me a new Purell holder that is green, which means I can retire the reddish orange one that I hate. There was an initial bookmark with green accents, and a JoAnn's gift card (which I am sure I will use to buy green fabric). This was more than enough, but no, Loni had another surprise in the bag ... a beautiful green afghan that she made for me. It is in varying shades of sage green and looks like a patchwork quilt. It is the warmest afghan I have ever had. I have not taken it off since I got home and I cannot remember being this warm in this house. It reminds me of herbs and makes me feel all mother earthy.


Tomorrow the girls and I are going to go see a movie and I am so excited.

I thank the girls for making this Christmas so special and giving me so much love. The time they spent on their gifts to me mean more than the gifts. I am so blessed to know these two wonderful girls (I know they are grown, accomplished women, but they will always be the girls to me).


No comments: