Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I Had Fun Today


I went with the girls (L&M) to see "Four Christmases" today. I have wanted to see it since I saw the first trailer for it, but the boys were not too keen on going to see it, they would rather see "Frost/Nixon."

I loved the movie, and it was great to go with girls that were laughing at the same time I was. It was so much like some of my Christmases past. Not the having to go to divorced parents homes individually, but just the family part of it.

I really laughed at the line about how you can't have the word "families" without "lies." Raymond always made me tell the "lies" to get us out of things. The first time I had to lie was when he decided he did not want to stay in his parents home while we were there for just a couple of days. He told me to get us out of that house. Now I still did not know Raymond's parents very well, and I was still intimidated by his father so I waited until his mom was off to herself and went and told her we had to move to a hotel because I was trying to get pregnant and that the signs were that it was "time." I knew that she would not be able to tell Raymond's dad that and she would have to figure out something to tell him. Raymond's dad was still arguing with Raymond as he was loading everything back into the truck that we needed to stay at the house. I just kept saying it is really better for us to be in a hotel. Raymond's mom was looking a little shell shocked but she told his dad that it might be best if we go to a hotel. Problem solved, until the next time. I never did know why he would tell them we were going to stay with them, it never lasted more than a night before he was moving us to a hotel, and I was coming up with reasons for us to move out of the house.

Any way I really enjoyed the movie. Then the girls and I went to Cheesecake Factory, where I was surprised with another gift and they made their exchanges. It was so much fun.

2 comments:

Loni said...

Me too! Good friends, good movie, good food, good fun. Feeling quite spoiled and content.

Unknown said...

It was very nice. We definitely need to do it more often.